Arsip Warta ('07–'19, '20–'29)
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an end[besut]
Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.
6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.
Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.
1 Sèptèmber 2021 20.58 (UTC)
We hope all of you are as well and safe as possible during these trying times! We wanted to share some news about a change to the Community Wishlist Survey 2022. We would like to hear your opinions as well.
Proposing and wish-fulfillment will happen during the same year[besut]
In the past, the Community Tech team has run the Community Wishlist Survey for the following year in November of the prior year. For example, we ran the Wishlist for 2021 in November 2020. That worked well a few years ago. At that time, we used to start working on the Wishlist soon after the results of the voting were published.
However, in 2021, there was a delay between the voting and the time when we could start working on the new wishes. Until July 2021, we were working on wishes from the Wishlist for 2020.
We hope having the Wishlist 2022 in January 2022 will be more intuitive. This will also give us time to fulfill more wishes from the 2021 Wishlist.
Encouraging wider participation from historically excluded communities[besut]
We are thinking how to make the Wishlist easier to participate in. We want to support more translations, and encourage under-resourced communities to be more active. We would like to have some time to make these changes.
A new space to talk to us about priorities and wishes not granted yet[besut]
We will have gone 365 days without a Wishlist. We encourage you to approach us. We hope to hear from you in the talk page, but we also hope to see you at our bi-monthly Talk to Us meetings! These will be hosted at two different times friendly to time zones around the globe.
We will begin our first meeting September 15th at 23:00 UTC. More details about the agenda and format coming soon!
Brainstorm and draft proposals before the proposal phase[besut]
If you have early ideas for wishes, you can use the new Community Wishlist Survey sandbox. This way, you will not forget about these before January 2022. You will be able to come back and refine your ideas. Remember, edits in the sandbox don't count as wishes!
- What should we do to improve the Wishlist pages?
- How would you like to use our new sandbox?
- What, if any, risks do you foresee in our decision to change the date of the Wishlist 2022?
- What will help more people participate in the Wishlist 2022?
Answer on the talk page (in any language you prefer) or at our Talk to Us meetings.
SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 7 Sèptèmber 2021 00.24 (UTC)
Tim Strategi Gerakan mengundang Anda untuk mendaftar menjadi anggota Komite Perumus Piagam Gerakan. Periode pendaftaran dimulai pada 2 Agustus 2021 dan berakhir pada 14 September 2021.
Para anggota Komite diharapkan dapat mewakili tingkat keberagaman dalam gerakan Wikimedia. Hal ini diukur melalui faktor gender, bahasa yang dipertuturkan, geografis, dan pengalaman berpartisipasi dalam proyek Wikimedia, organisasi mitra, dan Yayasan Wikimedia.
Kefasihan berbahasa Inggris tidak diperlukan untuk menjadi anggota Komite. Jika diperlukan, jasa penerjemahan dan penafsiran akan disediakan. Anggota Komite akan mendapatkan tunjangan sebesar US$100 setiap dua bulan untuk membantu biaya keikutsertaan yang mungkin diperlukan.
Kami mencari individu yang memiliki kemampuan berikut ini:
- Mampu menulis secara kolaboratif (pengalaman yang demonstratif adalah nilah tambah)
- Bersedia untuk mencari jalan tengah.
- Berfokus pada inklusi dan keberagaman.
- Mengetahui seluk-beluk konsultasi komunitas.
- Memiliki pengalaman komunikasi antarbudaya.
- Memiliki pengalaman dalam tata kelola organisasi nirlaba atau komunitas.
- Berpengalaman dalam bernegosisasi dengan pihak-pihak yang berbeda.
Komite ini diperkirakan akan beranggotakan sekitar 15 orang. Jika ada 20 calon atau lebih, akan dilangsungkan proses pemilihan dan seleksi. Jika ada 19 calon atau kurang, proses seleksi akan berlangsung tanpa pemilihan.
Xeno (WMF) 10 Sèptèmber 2021 17.10 (UTC)
Read this message in another language • Tolong bantu terjemahkan ke bahasa Anda
The Wikimedia Foundation tests the switch between its first and secondary data centers. This will make sure that Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to do a planned test. This test will show if they can reliably switch from one data centre to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic back to the primary data center on Tuesday, 14 September 2021.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop while the switch is made. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for up to an hour on Tuesday, 14 September 2021. The test will start at 14:00 UTC (07:00 PDT, 10:00 EDT, 15:00 WEST/BST, 16:00 CEST, 19:30 IST, 23:00 JST, and in New Zealand at 02:00 NZST on Wednesday, 15 September).
- If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped. Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- We expect the code deployments to happen as any other week. However, some case-by-case code freezes could punctually happen if the operation require them afterwards.
This project may be postponed if necessary. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org
. Any changes will be announced in the schedule. There will be more notifications about this. A banner will be displayed on all wikis 30 minutes before this operation happens. Please share this information with your community.
SGrabarczuk (WMF) (rembugan) 11 Sèptèmber 2021 00.46 (UTC)
Read this message in another language • Tolong bantu terjemahkan ke bahasa Anda
As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.
The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.
We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.
See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (rembugan) 11 Sèptèmber 2021 03.04 (UTC)